Flower Of Life

Friday, January 20, 2006

Punctuality

"Time is gold".We have heard tis phrase all of our life.But do we really understand what it means?Do we all appreciate time?Or do we take it for granted?

we were all taught on hw precious is time wen we were schooling.sadly alot of us dun seem to take it seriously.we jes do things wen we wan to.

Let me tell u bout myself.I am a very punctual person.I don't like to make people wait and i defintely don't like to wait for people.Call it weird or over if u want.But i get really pissed off if i had to wait for someone.

When i was in uni,if my class starts at 9am i would be waitin outside da door at 8.45.Even though my faculty is jes right across the road of my hostel and i can get ther in 3 min,i wud b early.I am alwiz the 1st one to be there.

Even wen i know that the door wil stil b closed,i wud stil go early.There hav been many times wen the door was onli opened as late as 1 hr later as the lecturer is late.But i stil waited outside.I hate to come late and find myself late.Dont wanna take da risk,so id rather be early.Betta b late then neva is right,but i rather be early then late.

I am a fast paced person.I do my work fast.I talk fast.I eat fast.I walk fast.Basically im very fast.N i dun like to rush things up.I start up early n make sure i finish my stuff on time.

I start my assignments early.N i am able to finish them way before my frens.Not bcoz i am kiasu or anythin but i am jes very particular to be punctual.

I jes dun get it y do people like to b late?Late to meet up sumone wen they know its rude to make ppl wait fer u.late for class wen u knw its rude and u wud b missing the begiining of ur class.U dun expect ur lecturer to wait fer u,dun u?

Late for wrk?if u knw u have a long way to go/ull b stuck in the traffic jam,wut is the right thing fer u 2 do?Dun tell me u dunno?Its common sense of coz!Leave to wrk early.it doesnt mean tat if u leave early n ur early to wrk one day,u shud leave late.it wont hurt u if u left early.

being late is a negative behavior.it gives a bad impression to ppl.punctuality is oso bout dicipline.therefor,dunt u think tat we shud neva b late fer wrk?if it was once or so bcoz of emergency or sumthin tta cant b avoided then its acceptable.but if it was all da time n so frequent tat ppl can guess ur late as usual,do u think its right?

i think tat ppl who r nt punctual shud b taught a lesson.then they wud REALISE wat mistake they r doin.sumone shud put sum sense into their heads.

i relate being late n not punctual to no matuarity, no discipline n no common sense.

im sure im nt the onli one who feels so irritated if i had to wait fer sumone.if its 5-10 mins its ok,but if its longer,ggrrrrrrrr......

try 2 put urself in the waiting person's shoes.then im sure u wud get sum sense n realise wat ur doing.

doin things late min n gettin into trouble is also gt 2 do wit time management.and we complain tat we dun have enuf time.fer heavens sake,everyone has 24 hrs in a day.albert einstein had 24 hrs.dr.mahathir had 24 hrs.if they can accomplish so many things in their life,y cant we?

if we learn to value time,even a minute or a second,then we can do all we wan to do in time.manage to finish our stuff on time.n stil have ample of time to do other stuff.n we wont complain tat we dun have enuf time.

its no point to regret being late.or not doin sumthin we ought to have done.if we delay stuff,we wud eventually forget to do it.and who is to suffer?we of coz!

we cant turn back time.unless u have invented a time machine.well,i hope no one does.then no one wil ever appreciate time and things wil go haywire.ever watched "back to the future"?

"TIME IS PRECIOUS"
To realise the value of 1 year, ask a student who failed in his exam
To realise the value of 1 month, ask a mother who has given to a premature baby
To realise the value of 1 week, ask an editor of a weekly
To realise the value of 1 day, ask a daily wage labourer
To realise the value of 1 minute, ask a person who has missed the train
To realise the value of 1 second, ask a person who has survived an accident
To realise the value of 1 milli second, ask the person who has won a silver medal in Olympics.

so wt do u guys think?plz leave a comment.

10q...

3 Comments:

  • At January 21, 2006, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said…

    I'm with you there. I have people who are not punctual. If I have to wait and that person does not come on time, I leave that person behind irregardless who that person is.

     
  • At January 22, 2006, Blogger Uma said…

    hehehee..jee the beginning of this blog..i realize how alike we both are. I'm always the first at meetings, gatherings, classes and now work..yea, I really HATE the way many ppl treat others by making them wait every time...thinking that we don't mind..arrrggggghhhh...they jus laugh it off, don't they?yup, punctuality is certainly very important to me.

     
  • At January 22, 2006, Blogger Dina said…

    sometimes, these small things in life that makes your life miserable and difficult to live in.It is undoubtfully wrong to be late or make others wait for you, but if you keep these things to bother you, you will definetely have a bad day. So, as a conclusion, i would like to say, you can drag a horse to the river but you can never make it drink the water. Best thing for you to do is take it easy and just don't bother. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home