Flower Of Life

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Semester 1 ends

Last week was the end of semester 1 for Foundation 1 to Foundation 6. For Foundation 7, this is the last week. They had extended to finish up the It syllabus. Foundation 8 and 9 will end in a couple of weeks time.

Foundation 7 and 8 are delayed as they were disrupted now and then frequently due to the Dikir Barat performance. It is really annoying as they are kept called to do performance each time someone visits the Cyberjaya campus or KLC or anywhere. They started the semester quite late and yet they can’t have their classes. So disturbing and annoying.

Semester 10 started towards the end of the semester so they are following the senior’s schedule. The intake is like all around the semester. Crazy. I just had one new student enroll last week. Can you believe that? Last week when it was actually the last week for the juniors!

I teach Foundation 4,5,7 and 10. Which means I only have Foundation 10 for now. And with the new subject, Visual Communication which I started to teach this week, I only have 2 classes in a week.

I have marked their Portfolios and packed them up for Archiving. Have yet to mark their final project, Batik Innovation which consists of a Research Folio and an A1 size artwork. This project is being done the first time. It’s a group project. Each group sonsist of 4-5 members, whom I had choosen myself as I wanted the students to mingle. I do not want the good ones to be with the good ones and the weak ones with the weak ones. I want them to share their strengths and help improve their weakness. If you know what I mean.

The duration of the project is 14 weeks, which means they have ample of time. I guide them throughout the duration. In fact I think I’ve helped them A LOT. On what can they do the research about by giving them topics to look for, a checklist where they can see what has been done and what has not, etc.

Anyways, the final project’s total mark is 30%. 15% for research + sketches (min 10 per person) and 5% for the final A1 artwork.

I guess I’ll try mark finish the final project for all my classes tomorrow if I have the mood. I need to have a good mood to give good grades.hehehehe…..

I am extremely strict with my student. Punctuality is very important. Late submissions is a BIG NO NO and if there is, I deduct marks according to how many days they are late. It’s not that I am mean, but I think it’s a good practice for them as well coz when they work in the industry, they will have to meet their client’s deadline. If I am very lenient with the, they will simply climb my head. Make my life and theirs harder. If they prolong the submissions, they will just have loads to do as their assignments will be piled up. I am speaking from experience. When I was studying in the uni, I will be amont the first ones to come for class, and to submit assignments. Let’s just say I am a punctuality freak.

Neways,ill rattle more on my next blog.Afraid my blog is getting jes too boring fer u guys to read….:P

Students finishing up their Portfolio



Students putting their finishing touch on their Final Project- Batik Innovation






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home